Any change in life comes about by making small adjustments everyday and staying focused on your goal; losing weight is no different. Today is a new day. You can set your ideal weight goal and start making some simple changes to your daily routines which are guaranteed to give you results in the long run.
- Cut out processed foods and empty carbohydrates. These include candies, pop, refined breads and pasta, processed cheeses, meats, canned foods, frozen dinners and so on.
- Eat lots of fiber and vegetables to fill you up and reduce cravings.
- Read the labels on the foods you buy. That “healthy” granola bar you snack on everyday may have more sugar and additives in it than you think. Stay away from foods that have added sugar which may be labeled as corn syrup or glucose-fructose. And just because a product is organic does not mean it has no added sugar, organic cane sugar is still sugar.
- Be sure to include some healthy fats in your diet. These include nuts, seeds, fatty fish like salmon, avocados, and flaxseed oil. Healthy fats help stabilize blood sugar levels, reduce cravings and keep you satiated for longer periods of time.
- Make it a habit to engage in at least one type of exercise daily. If you are not one to hit the gym every day then just do some other form of activity-run up and down the stairs 10 times or do 50 jumping jacks or go for a brisk 15 minute walk. The most important thing is setting a goal that’s realistic for you and sticking to it!
Wellness Naturopathic Centre, North Vancouver, BC
|The information on this website is for educational purposes only. It does not substitute for proper assessment and treatment by a licensed health care provider.|